So, to be safe, you should not allow dogs (or children) to spend at least 3 days on a chemically treated lawn for at least 3 days after spraying it. If you have dogs or children, you know how difficult it can be. The minimum amount of time manufacturers have suggested is to keep dogs indoors for at least 48 hours. After 48 hours, the pesticide sprayed on the lawn dries completely and can allow your pets to have fun in your garden.
Gallery is a very safe product to use around pets when used according to instructions. You must keep pets inside while you apply the product. Once applied, it usually takes about an hour to dry. After that time, it's perfectly safe to let the dogs return to the yard.
When this product is mixed with water, it is quite dilute and should not affect the dog or any animal. Recovery time is determined by the type of pesticide used, the amount consumed, and the time it takes for the treatment to take effect. If your dog has reacted favorably to treatment, the vet will want to monitor it closely for at least 24 hours. Dissolving the granules by watering also helps prevent the granules from getting stuck in pet hair or being eaten by birds.
Because granulated products require watering time and time for the granules to dissolve, these products may require keeping pets out of treated areas for 24 hours or more. Refer to the instructions on the label or call NPIC to determine how long you should keep pets out of treated areas. Once pesticides have dried, toxic residues may remain on treated surfaces, so consider taking precautions to prevent your pet from licking, chewing, or eating plants or other items treated with pesticides even after they have dried. Your dog could come into contact with the pesticide or have eaten a poisoned insect if you don't know how long dogs can stay inside after pest control.